Stair Vignette--Please Review

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette--Please Review

Postby lesliediane » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm

A few questions:

I've read that the handrail can project into the clearance for the door as long as it doesn't overlap the door. Did I draw this correctly at the Janitor door?

When you say the handrail should be 2" off the wall or edge of ramp, you mean the edge of the handrail, right? When we draw the handrail, it's from the center of the handrail, so our sketch rectangles should be 3" wide, correct?

When connecting two handrails at a corner, do they just overlap one click or the full width of the handrail?

I didn't realize I had miscalculated, so I drew my tread depths 1'-0" wide. Is this a major error due to inefficiency, or just minor?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lesliediane

Re: Stair Vignette--Please Review

Postby lesliediane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm testing Monday. I'd appreciate your comments, Coach. Thanks!
lesliediane

Re: Stair Vignette--Please Review

Postby Coach » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm

lesliediane wrote:I've read that the handrail can project into the clearance for the door as long as it doesn't overlap the door. Did I draw this correctly at the Janitor door?

Yes. Rail mounted on door wall may encroach.

When you say the handrail should be 2" off the wall or edge of ramp, you mean the edge of the handrail, right? When we draw the handrail, it's from the center of the handrail, so our sketch rectangles should be 3" wide, correct?

Correct.

When connecting two handrails at a corner, do they just overlap one click or the full width of the handrail?

Doesn't matter. The easiest way is to connect at insertion points. It looks like that's what you've done.

I didn't realize I had miscalculated, so I drew my tread depths 1'-0" wide. Is this a major error due to inefficiency, or just minor?

Not an issue, but what are you calculating? As you draw a run, the computer shows tread depth at bottom of screen.

Looks good.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS