clerestory clearance on gabled roofs

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

clerestory clearance on gabled roofs

Postby architect80 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 am

Hi all,

Just took the exam and realized I made one pretty dumb error. I failed to have the clerestory clearance at the edges I needed because of gabled roof condition.

I know, according to the NCARB video that this is one of 4 or so "Major" issues but it is not listed as one of their fatal flaws.

If this is the only issue with that vignette and the others had been done correctly along with a reasonable performance on the multiple choice - do you think that could still be a pass?

Note to everyone - I know its been said in other guides and in other places but - having roofs, high and low, run parallel on the wall with the clerestory is really the best thing for the test so you do not make a stupid calculation mistake!

Thanks!
architect80

Re: clerestory clearance on gabled roofs

Postby architect80 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to post my own reply to this question since I've now got the results- and yes - I passed so it is possible to pass the exam without making room for that pesky continuous horizontal clerestory;-) Still - better safe than sorry - for all you about to take the test!

Also, I wanted to give a big thank you to Coach and all who give feedback on this forum. I have now passed all the exams and I am positive this forum was no small part of that success. Thanks!!!!!!
architect80

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS