Stair Vignette - Dimensions

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette - Dimensions

Postby arubin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm wondering about dimensions for stairs. Based on the NCARB vignette, the min width of stairs (including handrails) appears to be 44". I'm showing all stairs as 48" (including handrails) - just to be safe. Would this be a downgrade? Would you recommend this?

Also, I am assuming all landings should be 5' x 5' when there's any change in direction - does this make sense to assume? Or am I conflating this with the Ramp Vignette? If it's oversized, would this be a downgrade? Would you recommend it still?

Otherwise, does this look okay? I am testing Friday, so any information would be helpful! Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arubin

Re: Stair Vignette - Dimensions

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:04 pm

arubin wrote:I'm wondering about dimensions for stairs. Based on the NCARB vignette, the min width of stairs (including handrails) appears to be 44". I'm showing all stairs as 48" (including handrails) - just to be safe. Would this be a downgrade? Would you recommend this? That's not safe. It's not wide enough...fatal error. Read the entire program, especially the last line about AOR.

Also, I am assuming all landings should be 5' x 5' when there's any change in direction - does this make sense to assume? NEVER assume. The program and code will be very clear and could be different from the practice program.Or am I conflating this with the Ramp Vignette? If it's oversized, would this be a downgrade? Would you recommend it still?

Otherwise, does this look okay? I am testing Friday, so any information would be helpful! Thank you!

Failing solution. Stair is too narrow.
Sparky83

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS