Stair and Ramp Vignette Alternate 2

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair and Ramp Vignette Alternate 2

Postby mryan64 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:41 pm

The ramp vignette below should be ok given the comments I've gotten on other layouts but any comments are greatly appreciated! The only question I have concerns the width of the ramp landing.

Per ramp landing width requirements the least dimensions is to be 5' but does that take into account the 4" projection of the rails from the ramps? As seen in my solution I can fit a 5' circle but the "ramp sides" of the landings are reduced a little by the handrail projections due to the required 1' extensions. As long as I can fit the circle should I be good?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mryan64

Re: Stair and Ramp Vignette Alternate 2

Postby Coach » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:14 pm

mryan64 wrote:Per ramp landing width requirements the least dimensions is to be 5' but does that take into account the 4" projection of the rails from the ramps?

Yes.

As seen in my solution I can fit a 5' circle but the "ramp sides" of the landings are reduced a little by the handrail projections due to the required 1' extensions. As long as I can fit the circle should I be good?

90-degree turns do not require a turning circle.

Door is too small.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS