STARI VIGNETTE - Ground floor vs Second floor

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

STARI VIGNETTE - Ground floor vs Second floor

Postby mfc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Coach, in the Stair vignette, I understand the reasoning behind needing to use the Cut Stair tool (given where the GF plane cuts as shown on the Section, you would be unable to see the entire run of the stair section above it, as it has been cut horizontally a few feet above the floor - as described in Kaplan). Given this, does this mean I should show a cut stair on the Ground Floor Plan and the FULL STAIR on the second floor plan? as the cut plane on the second floor per the Section would allow you to see the entire stair.
All the examples I've been seeing in the forum show cut stair at ground floor and second floor.
Please advise, thanks!
mfc

Re: STARI VIGNETTE - Ground floor vs Second floor

Postby Coach » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 pm

mfc wrote:Coach, in the Stair vignette, I understand the reasoning behind needing to use the Cut Stair tool (given where the GF plane cuts as shown on the Section, you would be unable to see the entire run of the stair section above it, as it has been cut horizontally a few feet above the floor - as described in Kaplan).

You may cut any run above all doors shown on the lower level.
And don't use kaplan for vignettes!

Given this, does this mean I should show a cut stair on the Ground Floor Plan and the FULL STAIR on the second floor plan?

No! Use cut stair on same run on both levels.

as the cut plane on the second floor per the Section would allow you to see the entire stair.

Really?

All the examples I've been seeing in the forum show cut stair at ground floor and second floor.

That's because that's how it should be done.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS