1st Attempt Stair Vignette

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

1st Attempt Stair Vignette

Postby lkent » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi All,

This is my first attempt at the stair vignette. Comments are much appreciated! I test Oct. 13th.

- Can someone explain the cut stair tool? (Only have to use it if a portion of your stair design overlaps another portion? Do you need to use opposite stair cut on either level so you create a double cut line? Maybe there is a good resource I can look at instead of someone explaining what I'm sure someone already has?)
- How much do you draw in one plan vs the other? Is it necessary to duplicate runs, landings and railings? (On this attempt I drew portions of the stair and railing twice in the exact same locations, just on different plans.)
- Similar to my question on the ramp vignette, what is the best way to draw railings with respect to how far into the stair/landing they should be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lkent

Re: 1st Attempt Stair Vignette

Postby Coach » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:19 pm

lkent wrote:- Can someone explain the cut stair tool? (Only have to use it if a portion of your stair design overlaps another portion? Do you need to use opposite stair cut on either level so you create a double cut line? Maybe there is a good resource I can look at instead of someone explaining what I'm sure someone already has?)
- How much do you draw in one plan vs the other? Is it necessary to duplicate runs, landings and railings? (On this attempt I drew portions of the stair and railing twice in the exact same locations, just on different plans.)

I recommend always using cut stair.
When used, cut can be on any run above all doors shown on lower level.
Draw cut on same run on both levels -- Same parameters from opposite directions.

- Similar to my question on the ramp vignette, what is the best way to draw railings with respect to how far into the stair/landing they should be?

3 snaps from wall/edge to insertion point.

Overall stair width should be 56". If it is, CFA at janitor door is inadequate.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS