FBC 4th Edition

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

FBC 4th Edition

Postby cuervo383 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi all, starting to study for this test, and I see that a lot of folks have been reading the FBC book. I have the 4th edition from when I went to school. Is this still ok to read? Or would it be too outdated?

I also have Kaplan and Ballast materials.

Anything else you think I need to review?

Thanks!
cuervo383

Re: FBC 4th Edition

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 am

Here is my take on FBC. I only did the review questions from each chapter and reviewed all the pic's and diagram at least 3x. At one time you could find the review question on-line but I think they moved them to a paid service.
I used Kaplan, Ballast, Jenny, Chin, ARchiflash, ARE Exam Prep whole enchilada and notes found along the way from the old ARE Forum. I did not waste my time reading the whole FBC from cover to cover. I failed the first time because of the stair vignette not the MC and passed
it the second time. Good Luck.
PEARLDRUMS

Postby cuervo383 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 am

PEARLDRUMS wrote:Here is my take on FBC. I only did the review questions from each chapter and reviewed all the pic's and diagram at least 3x. At one time you could find the review question on-line but I think they moved them to a paid service.
I used Kaplan, Ballast, Jenny, Chin, ARchiflash, ARE Exam Prep whole enchilada and notes found along the way from the old ARE Forum. I did not waste my time reading the whole FBC from cover to cover. I failed the first time because of the stair vignette not the MC and passed
it the second time. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info Pearldrums! So I think i'll still use this 4th edition, and review it.I have all the other items you listed, except for the ARE Exam prep...which one is that? Also, did you mean the Ching book - Building Construction Illustrated?
cuervo383

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 am

Here are the 2 study material I referenced. I used both...

Building Design and Construction Systems (BDCS) ARE Mock Exam: ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations (Architect Registration Exam) Paperback – July 12, 2011
by Gang Chen

Good Luck.
PEARLDRUMS

Postby annascherman » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 pm

What is FBC?
annascherman

Postby cabara01 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:31 pm

annascherman wrote:What is FBC?

Fundamentals of Building Construction
cabara01

Postby pig » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm

PEARLDRUMS wrote:Here are the 2 study material I referenced. I used both...

Building Design and Construction Systems (BDCS) ARE Mock Exam: ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations (Architect Registration Exam) Paperback – July 12, 2011
by Gang Chen

Good Luck.

hi pearldrums,

Gang Chen is one study material, which one is the second study material?
Also, the Review Questions from FBC you referred to are the ones at the end of each Chapter, is this correct?
many thanks!
pig

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS