Alt Stair Vignette-Stair Run vs Flight Question!?!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Alt Stair Vignette-Stair Run vs Flight Question!?!

Postby joems28 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 pm

I take the exam this Thursday so any comments would be very helpful.

I assumed the 48" for the AOR was my constraining dimensions so with the handrails and to match the width of my landings the stairs 5' wide.

The issue I had was that the two runs of stairs have different riser heights. The first run is 7 risers at 6.29" each. The second run is 17 risers at 6.82" each. The code mentions "Treads shall be of uniform depth and riser of uniform height in any flight of stairs." I am assuming a flight of stairs equals a run and not the entire stair. Please confirm.

Are "L" shaped landing allowed?
Any other glaring errors?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joems28

Re: Alt Stair Vignette-Stair Run vs Flight Question!?!

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 pm

joems28 wrote:I assumed the 48" for the AOR was my constraining dimensions so with the handrails and to match the width of my landings the stairs 5' wide.

For stair runs I recommend being precise and using 56" overall when AOR governs.

The issue I had was that the two runs of stairs have different riser heights. The first run is 7 risers at 6.29" each. The second run is 17 risers at 6.82" each. The code mentions "Treads shall be of uniform depth and riser of uniform height in any flight of stairs." I am assuming a flight of stairs equals a run and not the entire stair. Please confirm.

That's fine. A flight is landing to landing.

Are "L" shaped landing allowed?

Yes.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Alt Stair Vignette-Stair Run vs Flight Question!?!

Postby joems28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:56 am

Passed the exam and I am done. Thanks for all the hard work keeping this forum up and running. It has been very helpful!!!!!
joems28

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS