Ramp Vignette 3.1 - Testing Sunday

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp Vignette 3.1 - Testing Sunday

Postby jackstatic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Attempt at Ramp Vignette 3.1, any feed back would be appreciated.
Few Quick Questions

1. Should I try to decrease the 18 foot ramp run and increase the 6 foot ramp run by increasing the depths of both the north and south landings? Or is this not worth wasting my time on?

2. Is the door location fine? Or would it be better served on the left? Probably doesn't matter.

3. Few comments - Door is 36" wide, landings are 60' deep, ramps are 44" wide with rail projections are >2" and <4", they extend 12" past end of ramp/stairs. Stairs are 48" wide.

4. I saw other people making multi turn ramps more condensed. Does it matter?

5. Is the 60" turn around requirement met at the landings? My question is more in regards to the rails. Does the rail projection on the landings affect the turn around? I went with no because the rails should be elevated but just not sure.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackstatic

Re: Ramp Vignette 3.1 - Testing Sunday

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:38 am

jackstatic wrote:1. Should I try to decrease the 18 foot ramp run and increase the 6 foot ramp run by increasing the depths of both the north and south landings? Or is this not worth wasting my time on?

For what purpose?

2. Is the door location fine? Or would it be better served on the left? Probably doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter.

5. Is the 60" turn around requirement met at the landings? My question is more in regards to the rails. Does the rail projection on the landings affect the turn around? I went with no because the rails should be elevated but just not sure.

You have one location that requires a turning circle and it must be clear.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby jackstatic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:12 am

Coach wrote:
jackstatic wrote:1. Should I try to decrease the 18 foot ramp run and increase the 6 foot ramp run by increasing the depths of both the north and south landings? Or is this not worth wasting my time on?

For what purpose?

Doesn't matter.

You have one location that requires a turning circle and it must be clear.

1) Maybe I misunderstood it, and I dont have it in front of me to confirm but The code given I believe says ramps less than 6" high do not need a rail. the ramp on the left is 6' long and 6" high so I guess my question was more if I should show the rail or not. But I think I figured out how to solve this and comment #5. If I make the landing 72" deep instead of 60" then the right side ramp becomes 17', the left 7' and there is no question regarding unobstruction of a turn around space for the wheel chair at the first landing or need for a railing.
jackstatic

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am

jackstatic wrote:1) Maybe I misunderstood it, and I dont have it in front of me to confirm but The code given I believe says ramps less than 6" high do not need a rail.

You still need guardrail.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby jackstatic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Made some slight modifications, believe this works well.
Thanks for the input Coach! Sometimes talking it out makes all the difference
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackstatic

Postby Coach » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Looks good.
FYI, Circle on 7" landing doesn't have to be centered. It just has to fit anywhere on landing.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS