Stair Vignette - 1st Attempt - Please Review!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette - 1st Attempt - Please Review!

Postby bradfordpayne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm

First attempt at stair vignette:

1. I decided to make the math simple and use a 7" riser, and 11" tread, which works with the 8'-0" door opening below, so their shouldn't be a head height issue.
2. Is the long intermediate landing acceptable?
3. I added 2" to the outside of the area of refuge, to make sure it doesn't interfere with path of travel, is this acceptable?
4. The vignette directions state to draw the cut stairs from landing to landing, is this correct how I have the diagram?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bradfordpayne

Re: Stair Vignette - 1st Attempt - Please Review!

Postby Coach » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

bradfordpayne wrote:1. I decided to make the math simple and use a 7" riser, and 11" tread, which works with the 8'-0" door opening below, so their shouldn't be a head height issue.

Huh?

2. Is the long intermediate landing acceptable?

Why not?

3. I added 2" to the outside of the area of refuge, to make sure it doesn't interfere with path of travel, is this acceptable?

I don't see any extra. In fact, top landing may be too small. Door CFA starts at hinge, not wall.

4. The vignette directions state to draw the cut stairs from landing to landing, is this correct how I have the diagram?

Yes.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS