UPDATE - Tested Today - Roof Plain Moved

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

UPDATE - Tested Today - Roof Plain Moved

Postby WhiteRabbit » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:03 pm

With only a few seconds remaining and after scrolling through all my vignettes making sure everything looked good, I noticed a vent stack about 1" off wall center and went to move it. As I did, I remembered the words of others on this forum "don't try to make last second changes" but I thought "what could go wrong?". I selected it (or so I thought) and then I saw the whole roof plane shift and then the clock ran out. :cry:

I've seen others post questions like this but if all my elevations were correct and everything else was correct, would they fail me because my roof plan is one inch off from where it should be? I feel confident that all the vignettes and multiple choice went well otherwise.

This is my last exam. I'm so bummed to think my license could have to wait another two months. :(
Last edited by WhiteRabbit on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteRabbit

Re: UPDATE - Tested Today - Roof Plane Moved

Postby WhiteRabbit » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 pm

So, I received a PASS yesterday on this section - and that's it. I'm done! :D

But clearly, there is some allowable margin of error since the roof plain covering the building is a "critical feature" of the exam and NCARB says the computer will reject your solution if you fail to entirely cover the building with a roof. And when I shifted the roof plain, some of the building was exposed.

This forum has been SUCH a big help to me throughout this process. I've never been one to join study groups but I honestly don't think I could've done this without the input, advice and support available here. And Coach's vignette videos are great too!
WhiteRabbit

Re: UPDATE - Tested Today - Roof Plain Moved

Postby tatamin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:02 am

Congrats! I envy you... I will be taking this exam soon. So what materials did you use for MC and Mock Exam? How many time did you try to pass? Just feel BDCS has too much detailed stuff...

-tatamin
tatamin

Re: UPDATE - Tested Today - Roof Plain Moved

Postby spike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:03 am

Congratulations! I wanted to thank you for catching my mistake on width of the stairs on one of my practice vignette.....and that actually got me to check it on my exam and saved me.
I have one more to go.
spike

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS