Ramp Vignette - Please Review

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp Vignette - Please Review

Postby RFalcone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Ramp width is 5'-0"
Stair is 4'-0", or should I just use the 44" min?

Ramp - The code states that handrail is not needed on ramps with less than 6" rise. Should there be a handrail on the East Side of the first ramp? Is it better from the handrails to be continuous around the landings or should they top and have min 12" projection.

Handrails -At some spots the handrails don't finish nicely to each other, is that okay? I assume it just because of the tolerance of the program.
Also, the code says that handrails should extend past, so I assume that both handrails extend past, correct?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RFalcone

Re: Ramp Vignette - Please Review

Postby Coach » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm

RFalcone wrote:Stair is 4'-0", or should I just use the 44" min?

Doesn't really matter but I would move north a bit so rail dies into wall.

Ramp - The code states that handrail is not needed on ramps with less than 6" rise.

Remember that guardrail may still be required.

Should there be a handrail on the East Side of the first ramp?

Not required but I prefer rails on all runs.

Is it better from the handrails to be continuous around the landings or should they top and have min 12" projection.

Stop landing wall rails (or when adjacent surface is higher) at extensions.

Handrails -At some spots the handrails don't finish nicely to each other, is that okay? I assume it just because of the tolerance of the program.

As long as the touch or overlap, but don't cross into path of travel. The easiest way is to connect at insertion points.

Also, the code says that handrails should extend past, so I assume that both handrails extend past, correct?

All non-continuous rails must have extensions at ends -- even if the rail is not required.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Ramp Vignette - Please Review

Postby RFalcone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks Coach for your feedback!
RFalcone

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS