Roof Vignette 4.0

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Roof Vignette 4.0

Postby jackstatic » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Hey guys and gals, here is my first attempt at the roof vignette, any and all comments or review would be appreciated.
Few notes, there is a downspout at the locations covered by the elevation markers, they're just hidden.

Is there a recommended distance from the edge of the gutter that the downspout should be? I placed mine at the edges.

Is there a reason I see many people placing the hvac unit over the lounge? I placed it over the lobby due to potential noise issues (a lounge is relaxing while a lobby is busy)

Is the lower roof ok the way I designed it?

The gutters by the chimney would stop and start before and after the chimney correct?

That's pretty much it, I think I got a decent understanding of this, just looking for input.
Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackstatic

Re: Roof Vignette 4.0

Postby Coach » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 pm

jackstatic wrote:Is there a recommended distance from the edge of the gutter that the downspout should be? I placed mine at the edges.

That's fine, or a bit away. Don't waste time.

Is there a reason I see many people placing the hvac unit over the lounge? I placed it over the lobby due to potential noise issues (a lounge is relaxing while a lobby is busy)

Not an issue, just keep away from windows.

Is the lower roof ok the way I designed it?

Yes, but I recommend using simple gables.

The gutters by the chimney would stop and start before and after the chimney correct?

No reason to do that.

If there's flashing on west side of chimney, looks good.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Roof Vignette 4.0

Postby jackstatic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:08 am

Flashing is on the west side.
Thanks again Coach!
jackstatic

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS