Ramp Vignette #1 Test

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp Vignette #1 Test

Postby jackstatic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Think I got this, rather simple imho, I looked at a few others before posting here and I think I got it down,
Few questions
1) is there a minimum distance we need for the edge of wall to the new wall/door? I went with 6'-0" but wasn't entirely sure.
2) Is the 1'-0" rail extension required past the landing on the left hand side facing the new door at the 30" elevation?
3) the railings are all slightly over 2" from the edge of the ramp, but entirely before 4" due to the wonkiness of the program, I am assuming this is ok.
4) I made the ramps 5'-0" wide for brevity in drawing and speed. Again assuming this is fine.
5) Is the 3'-8" (44") wide stairs acceptable with the 6'-0" (72") wide landing? The 72" wide stairs created a weird small space that looked... improper... for a lack of a better phrase between the stairs and ramp along the wall.
6) The rails don't auto connect and become one, I just lined them up center line to center line, not sure what others are doing.

Any comments would be appreciated, a simple "Looks good" I will take to mean my questions are all correct in their assumptions.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackstatic

Re: Ramp Vignette #1 Test

Postby Coach » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:21 pm

jackstatic wrote:1) is there a minimum distance we need for the edge of wall to the new wall/door? I went with 6'-0" but wasn't entirely sure.

One snap.

2) Is the 1'-0" rail extension required past the landing on the left hand side facing the new door at the 30" elevation?

No. It would also be better to stretch the landing north so the rail dies into the wall.

3) the railings are all slightly over 2" from the edge of the ramp, but entirely before 4" due to the wonkiness of the program, I am assuming this is ok.

Insertion point should be 3" from walls and edges, which will hold rails 2" off. which is what you have.

4) I made the ramps 5'-0" wide for brevity in drawing and speed. Again assuming this is fine.

Yes.

5) Is the 3'-8" (44") wide stairs acceptable with the 6'-0" (72") wide landing?

Yes.

The 72" wide stairs created a weird small space that looked... improper... for a lack of a better phrase between the stairs and ramp along the wall.

There's no reason for stair to be wider than code min.

6) The rails don't auto connect and become one, I just lined them up center line to center line, not sure what others are doing.

That the fastest way to do it.

What is the door size?
Coach
Site Admin

Postby jackstatic » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm 99% sure I went with the 36" door, but now I am questioning it.... 6'-0" hallways, 36" door (which should allow for the 32" min clear width), 6" on hinge side, 24"+6" on handle side should add up to 6'-0" unless I'm missing something?
jackstatic

Postby Coach » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:23 pm

36" door is correct.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby jackstatic » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks Coach!
jackstatic

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS