Pass and DONE!!!!! Final thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Pass and DONE!!!!! Final thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

Well, at 7:15 this morning..... NCARB "algorithm" smiled upon me and granted me a pass. I am finally done with the ARE's. This was my second time taking the exam. I failed the first time because of the stairs.

I beat my rolling clock by a year and a half and the switch over to 5.0.... Thank you Lord!!!!!!!

Here are my thought on this exam and pretty much all the exams. this has been my overall strategy from day one.

1.) it really does matter version of the exam you get. 1st very little BS or SS questions.. Second go around.. I had a ton.
2.) do all the questions from Kaplin, Ballast, Chang and designerhacks know them inside and out both 3.1 and 4
3.) do the archiflash cards 4 or 5 times. (this is for every exam) really understand what the material is saying.
4.) do everything single version of the vignettes you can get your hands on. Ballast, Kaplan, ARE Prep, Coach and NSALA both 3.1 and 4... you have to know the patterns and how to solve the patterns.
5.) post your solutions here... this is one of the best resources you have...

Overall...... it is really is not a very hard exam. Just lots of material to cover.

Good Luck Everyone.. If I can pass these exams... anyone can....
PEARLDRUMS

Re: Pass and DONE!!!!! Final thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby tatamin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Big Congrats to Peal Drums! You made it! Happy for you!
By the way, ARE Prep means David Doucette's Architect Exam Prep? I'm thinking about buying it for this exam. Let me know.
tatamin

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks Tatamin...... yes,,, exam prep is the David Doucette's material... the Audio companion is priceless. I also liked their graphics in the study manual. The
review questions were ok. The note cards are pretty good. Good luck...
PEARLDRUMS

Postby tatamin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 am

Thanks for the info. I believe the licensure is just the beginning for an architect. Good luck with the next stage of your life. See ya at the next level. I will be there soon...
tatamin

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:23 pm

I agree... I look at architecture as a big puzzle. The degree and licensure fill in some of the pieces. Work experience fills in the rest. Its a never
ending learning experience.
PEARLDRUMS

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS