Tested Today - Roof Vignette Glitches

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Tested Today - Roof Vignette Glitches

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Hey all,

Test went okay today but had a weird glitch on the roof vignette. I did ramp then roof and then stair. After the stair I went back to check everything since I had plenty of time left and noticed that my low roof decreased by 1" which caused the ceiling height to be 1" too low. I don't think I messed it up originally but accepted my mistake and fixed it all and raised the upper roof by 1" to be in compliance again. I then went around all vignettes checking over and over since I failed last time on this exam with a Level 3 roof. I got back to the roof and now the low roof low dimension was still correct but the ridge of the low roof decreased 1" to what I had originally causing my upper roof to be 1" too high. I checked all corners and linework to make sure nothing was off. I eventually just accepted that there must be a 1" tolerance / glitch from converting units metric to ft/in. Can anyone ease my worries and verify if my tolerance theory is in fact true? I left the upper roof 1" above the minimum just to be safe. Not the greatest thing to see after the long hours of that exam.

Thank you all!
VTBassdrum13

Re: Tested Today - Roof Vignette Glitches

Postby Coach » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:27 am

I don't think you need to worry about it but you should report it to ncarb.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks Coach! I definitely sent them something to be sure.
VTBassdrum13

Postby sedaigle » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Please report back when you get a response. I'm very curious because I suspect something like this on my test as well.
sedaigle

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:34 am

sedaigle wrote:Please report back when you get a response. I'm very curious because I suspect something like this on my test as well.

Just got my score report and it's a PASS! I reported the issue to NCARB and received the automatic reply that there is a delayed turnaround for responses. No official reply yet. I'll let you know if I receive anything but looks like it wasn't an issue in the end.
VTBassdrum13

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS