Stair Vignette-Testing Thursday

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette-Testing Thursday

Postby Rlopesnyc » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Testing on Thursday. Please critique my design for the stair vignette.

All comments, questions, and concerns are appreciated.

I have some questions related to this particular vignette:
1) If I am doing cut stairs on the second floor, do I need to redraw it on the first floor as well?

2) When drawing the railings for the cut stair on the 2nd floor layer, do I need to repeat them on the first floor as well? I am not sure as to when they should stop.

3) If I can draw the solution entirely just on the second floor layer, do I still need to draw anything on the first floor?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rlopesnyc

Re: Stair Vignette-Testing Thursday

Postby fillmore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Good attempt.. almost there! To answer your questions:

1) Yes. You need to use the appropriate cut stair on the appropriate level. You drew the correct one on the 2nd level, and you need to draw the complimentary one on the 1st floor (the one with stairs drawn on left and open space on right of cut line).

2) The cut means everything on the stair is cut. So the railings are also cut at the cut line, and need to be drawn on both levels up to the cut line.

3) Yes. You can draw everything completely on one floor if you are able. Coach and others recommend drawing on two levels to help make sure you don't miss any doors / landings etc.. but I preferred drawing mine all on the 2nd floor.

I posted mine earlier.. take a look and let me know if you see any opportunities for improvement! My confusion is mostly around Risers and Treads since they're so easy to mix up!
fillmore

Re: Stair Vignette-Testing Thursday

Postby fillmore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Do you have enough room in your AOR? Use sketch lines so it's easier for others on the forum to tell :)
fillmore

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS