Roof Vignette and Flashing Question

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Roof Vignette and Flashing Question

Postby laurenenurse » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 am

Please take a look - I haven't been able to pass this one yet!
I put some green markings on it where the downspouts are, since they aren't really visible in the image.

Some questions:
1. Is flashing required at all roof edges, around the whole building exterior? Because technically a wall and roof are intersecting there. Or is it only required where I have shown it?
2. Does it matter how close exhaust fans are to anything?
3. Is there a min/max length for gutters or should they just go along the roof plane however long it is?
4. Anything about cricket size? 45 degrees ok as shown?
5. Is there a reason not to use the minimum roof height (as shown), or minimum roof slope?
6. A downspout on each end of each gutter is sufficient?

Thank you!! I really need to pass this time.

Untitled5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laurenenurse

Re: Roof Vignette and Flashing Question

Postby ataribeats » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

laurenenurse wrote:Please take a look - I haven't been able to pass this one yet!
I put some green markings on it where the downspouts are, since they aren't really visible in the image.

Some questions:
1. Is flashing required at all roof edges, around the whole building exterior? Because technically a wall and roof are intersecting there. Or is it only required where I have shown it? It is only required at wall/roof intersections. At perimeter, the walls are not intersecting the roof. Just like in real life, the roof is on top of the wall.
2. Does it matter how close exhaust fans are to anything? No, that I'm aware of
3. Is there a min/max length for gutters or should they just go along the roof plane however long it is? Correct, along the roof plane is good
4. Anything about cricket size? 45 degrees ok as shown? That's ok
5. Is there a reason not to use the minimum roof height (as shown), or minimum roof slope? It is recommended for efficiency
6. A downspout on each end of each gutter is sufficient? Yes. I read somewhere that if the wall is over 40'-50' then it might be good to add one in the middle of the wall

Thank you!! I really need to pass this time.

Untitled5.png
ataribeats

Re: Roof Vignette and Flashing Question

Postby Coach » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Low roof at clerestory wall should be 12-6, not 12-5.
Upper ridge doesn't meet.
Upper roof must be above lower at all point where they meet.
Life will be a lot easier if you center ridges. Aligning upper and lower ridge does nothing for you but create problems.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS