PASS AND DONE!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

PASS AND DONE!

Postby ZHAOYANG » Sun May 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Thank you for all the help! Finally passed BDCS and this is my last exam. Thank you coach and all the others' reply!
If you have any questions for study materials or other questions for ARE 4.0, I will help! Thanks again!
ZHAOYANG

Re: PASS AND DONE!

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 am

Congrat's... this is my last one also. Hoping to pass it the first go around. Any strategies you can gave give would be great.
I am studying the usual suspects. The only difference with this exam is I have studied everyday for at least an hour. I have a count down clock on
my phone so I will be reminded each day how many days until the exam.
PEARLDRUMS

Postby ZHAOYANG » Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 am

For me, since I failed once, I found graphic standard(student) very helpful. FBC have enough information for materials part, but I failed first time on practice management and principle. I took CDS two years ago and forgot this part. So the second round I read Jenny's PPP, CDS notes, history, and preservation notes. Just skip too specific information on contracts in CDS or planning part in PPP. Also I did not cover ballast and kaplan reading , since there is lots of overlap in FBC. but do practice their questions. Ballast have good practice exams, it does not matter the correct ratio but more about reminds you which subject you might never cover. Since this is a broad test, make sure you cover lots of different topics instead of sticking in material details. like you might already forgot fire control in BS and structure choosing in SS. I also read environment and site planning part in ballast. The day before exam, read some notes about details, like brick type , wood preservation,Anode and cathode metals list, ADA, just give yourself more confidence to walk in.

PEARLDRUMS wrote:Congrat's... this is my last one also. Hoping to pass it the first go around. Any strategies you can gave give would be great.
I am studying the usual suspects. The only difference with this exam is I have studied everyday for at least an hour. I have a count down clock on
my phone so I will be reminded each day how many days until the exam.
ZHAOYANG

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Tue May 16, 2017 6:22 am

Excellent.... this sounds like my approach. I am doing pretty much the same approach. I am also spending time looking at the diagram and pic's in Ballast And Kaplan. Thanks for the Help
PEARLDRUMS

Postby ZHAOYANG » Mon May 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Forgot to mention, highly recommended NCARB free stuff. In my NCARB, under Monographs, there is digital Monographs or mini digital Monographs, there are all free PDF to download. Like in digital monographs, there is a PDF named Fire Safety in Buildings. Very easy reading and interesting, including code related topics. After you read this, you can answer any fire control questions in BS, BDCS....
ZHAOYANG

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Tue May 23, 2017 6:04 am

Excellent.. I will check it out. It nice to look at new material to see if you rings a bell.
PEARLDRUMS

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS