Stair Vignette attempt 2- Once more with feeling!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Vignette attempt 2- Once more with feeling!

Postby CoffeeFiend » Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm

This is my second attempt at the stair vignette. This time I was careful to make sure the door swing didn't intrude too far on my 12'-3" landing. I also kept my handrails further off of my wall and edge of the stair and tried to leave 48" clear between the rails (just to be safe).

Coach, in my last attempt you mentioned that my cut stairs didn't align. Is there a tool to modify the location of the graphical cut mark on the stair, so that the first and second floor cuts align? I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoffeeFiend

Re: Stair Vignette attempt 2- Once more with feeling!

Postby Coach » Fri May 12, 2017 2:58 pm

CoffeeFiend wrote:This time I was careful to make sure the door swing didn't intrude too far on my 12'-3" landing.

The landing is too small. AOR and CFA must be clear of each other and rails.

I also kept my handrails further off of my wall and edge of the stair and tried to leave 48" clear between the rails (just to be safe).

It's not safe, it's required. Stair should be 56" overall.

Coach, in my last attempt you mentioned that my cut stairs didn't align. Is there a tool to modify the location of the graphical cut mark on the stair, so that the first and second floor cuts align? I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

I wan't referring to the cut line -- You have no control over its location. Cut stair lengths must match.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Stair Vignette attempt 2- Once more with feeling!

Postby CoffeeFiend » Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks for clarifying those things coach!
CoffeeFiend

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS