Ramp vignette, first try- deceptively simple?

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp vignette, first try- deceptively simple?

Postby CoffeeFiend » Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

First try at the ramp vignette. I overall found the program to be a lot simpler than the roof and the stair vignettes. My only real questions are:
1. When drawing the steps I didn't see a tool to indicate the riser height. Did I just overlook it?
2. Where the stair and the ramp handrails come up to the 30" landing, I stopped both rails at the edge of the wall instead of extending them into the hall. Is this correct?
3. For placing the handrails, I drew 3" wide sketch rectangles at the edges of the ramp/ stairs and snapped the railings to the inside edge. Does this work for placing the railings?

Thanks Coach!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoffeeFiend

Re: Ramp vignette, first try- deceptively simple?

Postby Coach » Wed May 10, 2017 1:36 pm

CoffeeFiend wrote:1. When drawing the steps I didn't see a tool to indicate the riser height. Did I just overlook it?

Height is not shown. Just provide the correct number of risers.

2. Where the stair and the ramp handrails come up to the 30" landing, I stopped both rails at the edge of the wall instead of extending them into the hall. Is this correct?

Wrap 12" extension around corner.

3. For placing the handrails, I drew 3" wide sketch rectangles at the edges of the ramp/ stairs and snapped the railings to the inside edge. Does this work for placing the railings?

That works.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Ramp vignette, first try- deceptively simple?

Postby CoffeeFiend » Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks Coach!
CoffeeFiend

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS