Stair Ver. 1

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Ver. 1

Postby sidehiller » Sat May 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi Coach! Please review and comment on this version of the stair vignette. Thanks!

A question with the "cut stair"- when I stretch the stair to the landings it makes the treads 13.82" deep. I know 11" is ideal, The shorter runs of treads are 11". I read the "code" as this this okay to have as long as each tread in a flight is uniform. Is my assumption correct? I know I could make the landings rectangular instead of square, but I am just curious as to your take. -Cheers.

1stFlr050617A.JPG

2ndFlr050617A.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidehiller

Re: Stair Ver. 1

Postby Coach » Mon May 08, 2017 5:36 pm

sidehiller wrote:A question with the "cut stair"- when I stretch the stair to the landings it makes the treads 13.82" deep. I know 11" is ideal, The shorter runs of treads are 11". I read the "code" as this this okay to have as long as each tread in a flight is uniform. Is my assumption correct? I know I could make the landings rectangular instead of square, but I am just curious as to your take. -Cheers.

No reason to stretch. It's best to make all treads 11" and fill with landing.

Top landing is too small. Rails at southwest cannot encroach.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Stair Ver. 1

Postby sidehiller » Tue May 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks Coach! I definitely got the idea after watching your video! Great information!
Thanks for the feedback!
sidehiller

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS