Pass!!! 1 left

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Pass!!! 1 left

Postby dshaff3 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Thank you to everyone who commented on my vignettes and answered random questions. Thanks Coach for telling me when I was clearly failing the vignettes.

What I studied.
Ballast Q&A and most of the associated readings
Kaplan - a few practice quizes.
I had the Kaplan flashcards for Building Design/Materials & Methods (ARE 3.1) so I went though all of these. Definitely made me google a lot of terms.
Watched a ton of YouTube videos; all the free Amber ones; Black Spectacles videos as well.
Building Construction Illustrated - Ching
Fundamentals of Building Construction
Jennys Notes

That being said there were a TON of questions on the exam that I had no clue on and I just had to do some deductive reasoning. For me the questions were either super easy and I knew the answer away or very hard and I had to think a while. Probably 50/50.
The vignettes to me were pretty straight forward with a few tricky things but having practiced they were not a problem. I would definitely recommend practicing the alternates and being very comfortable with the software. I did Ramp, Stair, Roof and finished with 1hr40min left so there is plenty of time.

on to SS
dshaff3

Re: Pass!!! 1 left

Postby introversed » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 am

Congratulations! Good luck with SS, and having recently passed that one, I highly recommend the Thaddeus lectures.
introversed

Re: Pass!!! 1 left

Postby RSK » Mon May 01, 2017 6:40 am

Congratulations! that's awesome! one more down..
I am about to take mine on Saturday and am terrified.
Could you send me a link to the Amber videos? I am unable to find it... Thank you
RSK

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS