Ramp Vignette First Attempt.

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Ramp Vignette First Attempt.

Postby ehdgns1207 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:53 am

This is my first Ramp Vignette Attempt.
Please review it and let me know if this will work.

In addition, I have few questions regarding the Vignette.
Please see images below,

Q1. When handrail is turning at the corner, do they need to be aligned edge to edge? It looks like they are aligning by center point, but doesn't look like completely connected to each other.

Q2. Can handrail stop on landing after 12" beyond the bottom of ramp, when landing is surrounded by walls?

Q3. When there is a stair rising adjacent to landing. Do I need to extend handrail all around the landing? If you see the image below, my bottom landing is at 7" AFF. then there is a stair rising along the south side of landing and also have a high elevation landing at 30" AFF on east side of 7" AFF landing. I wonder, if I need a continuous handrail all around the 7" AFF. landing.

Q4. The first landing where it starts from Exit Corr. Elev. 30", I made it as 60" wide. Can they be 44" wide? or need to keep it as 60" since the ramp on the bottom turns from first landing at 30" AFF.

Q5. is this passable? did I miss any critical points?

Sorry, I had too many questions. But thank you for reviewing/commenting my vignette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ehdgns1207

Re: Ramp Vignette First Attempt.

Postby Coach » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 pm

ehdgns1207 wrote:Q1. When handrail is turning at the corner, do they need to be aligned edge to edge? It looks like they are aligning by center point, but doesn't look like completely connected to each other.

What you have is fine.

Q2. Can handrail stop on landing after 12" beyond the bottom of ramp, when landing is surrounded by walls?

Yes.

Q3. When there is a stair rising adjacent to landing. Do I need to extend handrail all around the landing? If you see the image below, my bottom landing is at 7" AFF. then there is a stair rising along the south side of landing and also have a high elevation landing at 30" AFF on east side of 7" AFF landing. I wonder, if I need a continuous handrail all around the 7" AFF. landing.

You need to extend the rail until the adjacent surface is at or above the landing surface. In this case, that's the 3rd riser.

Q4. The first landing where it starts from Exit Corr. Elev. 30", I made it as 60" wide. Can they be 44" wide? or need to keep it as 60" since the ramp on the bottom turns from first landing at 30" AFF.

What's the code say? In this layout a 44" landing would be an error.

Hold rails 2" off walls and edges.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Ramp Vignette First Attempt.

Postby ehdgns1207 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Coach wrote:
ehdgns1207 wrote:Q1. When handrail is turning at the corner, do they need to be aligned edge to edge? It looks like they are aligning by center point, but doesn't look like completely connected to each other.

What you have is fine.

Yes.

You need to extend the rail until the adjacent surface is at or above the landing surface. In this case, that's the 3rd riser.

What's the code say? In this layout a 44" landing would be an error.

Hold rails 2" off walls and edges.

Thank you for replying Coach!
ehdgns1207

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS