Stair Sajjad alt. Questions. Please review

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Stair Sajjad alt. Questions. Please review

Postby Tatyana » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:26 pm

This my first try for this lyout and I noticed that everybody in the forum did it another way around. Did I miss something?
I also have two questions:
1. The occupant load for the storage level governs the width of the stair in this vignette. 440:2x0.3=66" or 5'-6". It needs to be 5-6" technically only from the storage level to ground level, but I did entire stair this width. Is it down grade? What would be preference? I thought that it was a right thing to do because all details and elemrnts would be standard.
2. Code requirement: when opening, doors shall not reduce the width of landing to less than onr-half of requred width. I incresed landing at 3' level to make the distance between door leaf and nearst step 2'-9" (5'-6" : 2). Was it right think to do or not in this case?

Thank you in advance
STAIR-2FL-SAJJAD-TM-11-26-14 copy.jpg
STAIR-1FL-SAJJAD-TM-11-26-14 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tatyana

Re: Stair Sajjad alt. Questions. Please review

Postby causticmatt » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:35 pm

According the the code, "the exit capacity shall not decrease in the direction of egress travel. This means the 56" width is acceptable until the storage room floor is reach which requires a wider width.

CodeSnippet.JPG

I've also attached a little graphic from Ballast that helped me understand what the door encroachment means exactly.

DoorEncroachment.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
causticmatt

Re: Stair Sajjad alt. Questions. Please review

Postby Tatyana » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 am

Thank you so much causticmatt!
I sort of remembered this drawing, but could not find it again when I needed.
Tatyana

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS