NCARB Roof Vignette 1st Attempt

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB Roof Vignette 1st Attempt

Postby jenlibra1019 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:55 pm

This is my first attempt at the roof vignette, got it under 30 min. I am suspicious of the ridge on the upper roof, technically the elevation markers at the ridge of the top roof don't meet because it isn't centered...if I am thinking this through correctly. Thoughts? Also the proximity of one skylight in the bathroom to the ridge makes me uncomfortable.

Please let me know if there are any errors, I appreciate in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jenlibra1019

Re: NCARB Roof Vignette 1st Attempt

Postby Coach » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:27 pm

jenlibra1019 wrote:This is my first attempt at the roof vignette, got it under 30 min. I am suspicious of the ridge on the upper roof, technically the elevation markers at the ridge of the top roof don't meet because it isn't centered...if I am thinking this through correctly. Thoughts?

If they don't meet it's not a ridge and a major error in my view. Stick with symmetrical gables.

Also the proximity of one skylight in the bathroom to the ridge makes me uncomfortable.

Rotate it.

Eyeball 45-degree angle for cricket.
Breaking gutter at chimney is unnecessary.
Make cure east gutters are drawn independently.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby jenlibra1019 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Coach wrote:
jenlibra1019 wrote:This is my first attempt at the roof vignette, got it under 30 min. I am suspicious of the ridge on the upper roof, technically the elevation markers at the ridge of the top roof don't meet because it isn't centered...if I am thinking this through correctly. Thoughts?

If they don't meet it's not a ridge and a major error in my view. Stick with symmetrical gables.

Ok got it, and if they weren't symmetrical then the lower elevations would have to be different presumably for the ridge to meet. Seems cubersome.

Also the proximity of one skylight in the bathroom to the ridge makes me uncomfortable.

Rotate it.

Eyeball 45-degree angle for cricket. Would this be 1/2 the width of the chimney? Major/minor error?
Breaking gutter at chimney is unnecessary. Saw this in Jenny's notes, figured for "economy". Error?
Make cure east gutters are drawn independently.[/color]
jenlibra1019

Postby Coach » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:45 pm

jenlibra1019 wrote:
Coach wrote:

Ok got it, and if they weren't symmetrical then the lower elevations would have to be different presumably for the ridge to meet. Seems cubersome.

Of course the eaves would be different. I can't think of a reason to not use symmetry of slope.

jenlibra1019 wrote:Would this be 1/2 the width of the chimney?

Projection would be, yes. But just eyeball it.

Major/minor error?

If too extreme one way or the other, I would guess minor at worst. It's not hard, just do it right.

jenlibra1019 wrote:Breaking gutter at chimney is unnecessary. Saw this in Jenny's notes, figured for "economy". Error?

How can it possible be more economical?
Not an error, but time consuming.

Coach
Site Admin

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS