Sajjad Stair Vignette - Testing Tues!

Ramp, Stair, & Roof Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Sajjad Stair Vignette - Testing Tues!

Postby sobryant » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi all, please review and comment on the Sajjad stair solution attached. The program as it differs from NCARB Vignette is also attached.

One note:

I've seen another solution to this vignette with a 56" wide stair (48" clear), and due to the occupancy load I was led to draw the stairs/landings at 66" wide.

Additionally, the 66" is based on the occupancy of the intermediate stair... does this mean I can/should disregard the 66" for the stairs from upper level to intermediate level? ...as they would not be getting narrower as you exit, but wider...?

Comments are highly appreciated as I'm testing Tues!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sobryant

Re: Sajjad Stair Vignette - Testing Tues!

Postby procast » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 pm

What is your riser height?

Also how did you get 66"?
procast

Postby sobryant » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:14 am

Hi Procast,

The Risers are different per stair... all should be a max of 7"

The 66" was derived from the occupancy load at the intermediate level described on the attached program: 440 with 2 exits, 220 X 0.3 = 66.
I errored on the conservative side by making the whole stair 66" wide, but my hunch is that the upper stair could be the "Area of Refuge" governed 56" wide.
sobryant

Postby procast » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Hello sobryant,

Thanks to your vignette I learnt a few things.. That said, your Stairs looks good to me. The first flight of stairs has a 6" riser and its ok. the rest of the 3 flights have 7" risers. You have kept the tread consistent. the 66" allows for the POR rule as well. All in all it looks good.

From all the users and comments I read so far ... You will not be dinged for keeping the wide the stairs at the second level.

Hopefully the Coach can weigh in on this as well. Especially if what you and I think is wrong. I would have approached the solution the same way as you did.
procast

Return to BDCS - BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SYSTEMS