site planning vignette

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

site planning vignette

Postby 165 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Has anyone heard a rule of thumb for how far off the the square footage can be on the plaza? For the practice it says 8000 but how close does it have to be, i think mine is 8054. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: site planning vignette

Postby JMH710 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 am

Hello,
I have not taken this exam and just started attempting this plan as well - so my advice may not be 100% accurate.
I heard from the Dorf video that the plaza can be within 10% of the area.
I am wondering about your service access - I am not sure how deep it is but I would expect that you need a min. 18'-20' to keep any deliveries from blocking the driveway.
Also, on the dorf video it mentioned having a 5' buffer islands at the parking lot.
You don't get extra points for not cutting down trees - so I would slide the parking over to allow a side walk between the office building and the accessible parking.
Not sure what view means - if just having the entrance be the view may work (but I don't know if this is a problem)
Good luck
JMH710

Postby JMH710 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 am

Couple more things I just noticed - is the corner of the building within the 30' setback from the pond ?- if so that is a problem.
I think you need to have a sidewalk to connect the plaza to the public sidewalk
good luck to you
JMH710

Postby majordef » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 am

+1 JMH710 comments. I would work on a more ccompacct parking layout as well. Not sure how mucch is too much but doublle loaded seems prefered. I wouldn't worry about this untill after you addressed the other items.
majordef

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN