NCARB VIGNETTE OPTION 2

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB VIGNETTE OPTION 2

Postby Rico » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Please help me with your comments.
Question 1: can you overlap the plaza with the entry square in front of the entry of the tower and restaurant? Dorf's video shows it that way. I always avoided it (drew plaza around)
Question 2: Does the plaza hast to be totally adjacent to the parking lot, meaning no landscape buffer between them? makes sense because how people will access it without going through landscape.
Thoughts?
Thank you!
Testing this Friday....last day of the ARE 4.0 :brick:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rico

Re: NCARB VIGNETTE OPTION 2

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 am

Rico wrote:Please help me with your comments.
Question 1: can you overlap the plaza with the entry square in front of the entry of the tower and restaurant? Yes.Dorf's video shows it that way. I always avoided it (drew plaza around)
Question 2: Does the plaza hast to be totally adjacent to the parking lot, meaning no landscape buffer between them? makes sense because how people will access it without going through landscape. Doesn't matter.
Thoughts?
Thank you!
Testing this Friday....last day of the ARE 4.0 :brick:

Inadequate building separation.
LOTS of new trees downwind of the restaurant. Those serve no purpose. Also no need for the new tree at the NW corner of the restaurant.
West half of the PP has no winter wind protection.
The PP can abut parking, so you could eliminate the walk at the HCP parking spaces if you adjust the shape of the PP.
Coniferous trees should not overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN