Site Planning Vignette Attempt - Please comment

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Planning Vignette Attempt - Please comment

Postby mdepp » Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 am

Hi, I am testing in a couple of days, can someone please comment on my vignette attempt? Just want to wrap my head around all of the components in case I am missing anything major. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 1.54.28 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdepp

Re: Site Planning Vignette Attempt - Please comment

Postby Sparky83 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:18 am

A walk that crosses a drive is not continuous as required and is a safety issue.
Severe over use of new coniferous trees. Those 2 SW of the restaurant serve no purpose.
Restaurant view of the pond very limited by new coniferous trees.

Leave sketch elements turned on when posting here so we can see how you solved the vignette.
Sparky83

Postby mdepp » Thu May 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Sparky83 wrote:A walk that crosses a drive is not continuous as required and is a safety issue.
Severe over use of new coniferous trees. Those 2 SW of the restaurant serve no purpose.
Restaurant view of the pond very limited by new coniferous trees.

Leave sketch elements turned on when posting here so we can see how you solved the vignette.
Thank you much for the rapid reply. I've worked out a slightly modified version if you could please comment. It is unfortunate that NCARB's "passing solution" for this vignette also includes a walkway crossing the driveway, so I thought I was in the clear with that. Question regarding the wiggle room of square footage in the PP, because of the snap, I can only get my funky shaped PP to either be 7995.5 sf or 8003 sf, not the exact SF of the program. Do you happen to know what the best practice would be for the PP SF?
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 3.53.32 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdepp

Postby Sparky83 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:59 pm

mdepp wrote:Thank you much for the rapid reply. I've worked out a slightly modified version if you could please comment. It is unfortunate that NCARB's "passing solution" for this vignette also includes a walkway crossing the driveway, so I thought I was in the clear with that. Question regarding the wiggle room of square footage in the PP, because of the snap, I can only get my funky shaped PP to either be 7995.5 sf or 8003 sf, not the exact SF of the program. Do you happen to know what the best practice would be for the PP SF?
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 3.53.32 PM.png

The PP does not have to be rectilinear. Getting within 5 s.f. is very easy.
The new tree at the NW corner of the restaurant serves no purpose.
There is no required offset between the PP and buildings.
Restaurant view of the pond is still limited by new coniferous trees
The service drive should extend a little farther east.
Sparky83

Postby Riety » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 pm

A couple of thoughts. Tree south of plaza on early sketch castes a shadow. Maybe some adjustments like this?
Riety

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN