Passed, thanks be to God

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Passed, thanks be to God

Postby jdunks » Thu May 31, 2018 4:14 am

Just found out I passed this. I studied Jenny pdx, Carolyn, Kaplan, Kaplan Q&A, and this forum. Did the vignettes probably 8-12 times each, posted twice to make sure I was grasping them successfully. Big thanks to Sparky for the guidance posts and review. Read through EPA SWPPP guide twice. I was also studying PPP at the same time, so I studied Jenny, Carolyn, and Kaplan Q&A for that. Lots of overlapping study info between these two exams. Unlike Structural or Building Systems, I didn't find this exam to be especially random or surprising. Many fewer head-scratchers and what-the-hecks. I did have an ESPECIALLY CHALLENGING AND FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE with the Site Design vignette. The practice vignette was perfectly adequate prep, just found it harder on the exam to check off nearly, but not all, program requirements. Such tight guidelines. So many of them. Awful. Took around 90 minutes and was still scrambling when it was near the end, though I did double check for the last 5 minutes. Bad moment about 70 minutes in, when I realized I blew one of the checklist items and had to do some shifting. And vignettes don't usually challenge me so much. Well anyway, on to the final 4.0, see you in BDCS.
jdunks

Re: Passed, thanks be to God

Postby Riety » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Congrats. I am taking it for the 2nd and last time as 4.0 this week. Definitely one of the harder ones for me.
Riety

Postby cma52572 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:11 pm

congrats!! thanks for the tips. I did download the SWPPP and am reading it word for word.
I'm also reading thru the Russ book. I'm halfway thru now. will make sure to cover the notes too.
cma52572

Postby jdunks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Hope you guys do great!!!
jdunks

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN