Vignette #2attempt [test in 2 days]

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Vignette #2attempt [test in 2 days]

Postby penguinqueen » Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am

Hi everyone,

I am testing in 2 days, and I am posting my vignette solutions here. It's going to be my first/ final try on SPD in are 4.0! My only chance since it's retiring soon...
Please, please leave a comment if you could! I really appreciate your time!

ps, the red squares are H parking, I have been having issues with FRAME arrows, that's why i have to mark it up..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
penguinqueen

Re: Vignette #2attempt [test in 2 days]

Postby Sparky83 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:07 am

Why did you add deciduous trees?
New sidewalk should not create a 2nd curb cut.
Winter wind protection for the PP is incomplete.
Coniferous trees should not overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them.
Sparky83

Postby penguinqueen » Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 pm

Sparky83 wrote:Why did you add deciduous trees? Right.. can I say Deciduous tress are only for shades in the purpose of SPD vignette?
New sidewalk should not create a 2nd curb cut. [color=#BF4000]ops! Thank you for pointing out! I was not paying attention to this detail![/color]
Winter wind protection for the PP is incomplete. I have add some more C trees, they are marked as red circle, please see screenshot, does this work?
Coniferous trees should not overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them. does that mean the walkway in the south of the site is not working (I bubbled it in red)? If the walkaway need to go through (2) trees, lets say (1)D trees and (1) C trees here, the walkaway should not overlap with C tree but could overlap w/ D trees?

Thank you Sparky for your response! I have a few questions as above, also, a question about C/D trees:
1. Does it mean D tree does not function at blocking the wind at all? In another word, even if there are existing D trees, they are not able to block the wind, and I have to add C - trees and they are the ones that only count for wind blocking?
2. Is above question applies to "casting shadow" as well? Meaning, only D trees can serve as shadow casters in spd setting?

I really appreciate your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
penguinqueen

Postby Sparky83 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:58 pm

penguinqueen wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:Why did you add deciduous trees? Right.. can I say Deciduous tress are only for shades in the purpose of SPD vignette? No.
New sidewalk should not create a 2nd curb cut. [color=#BF4000]ops! Thank you for pointing out! I was not paying attention to this detail![/color]
Winter wind protection for the PP is incomplete. I have add some more C trees, they are marked as red circle, please see screenshot, does this work? That is better.
Coniferous trees should not overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them. does that mean the walkway in the south of the site is not working (I bubbled it in red)? If the walkaway need to go through (2) trees, lets say (1)D trees and (1) C trees here, the walkaway should not overlap with C tree but could overlap w/ D trees? Please review the tree diagrams as I suggested.

Thank you Sparky for your response! I have a few questions as above, also, a question about C/D trees:
1. Does it mean D tree does not function at blocking the wind at all? In another word, even if there are existing D trees, they are not able to block the wind, and I have to add C - trees and they are the ones that only count for wind blocking? It is very important to understand the difference between deciduous and coniferous....and that fact that they are asking for WINTER wind protection.
2. Is above question applies to "casting shadow" as well? Meaning, only D trees can serve as shadow casters in spd setting? Why wouldn't coniferous trees cast shadows?

Sparky83

Postby penguinqueen » Wed May 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Sparky83 wrote:
penguinqueen wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:Why did you add deciduous trees? Right.. can I say Deciduous tress are only for shades in the purpose of SPD vignette? No.
Winter wind protection for the PP is incomplete. I have add some more C trees, they are marked as red circle, please see screenshot, does this work? That is better.
Coniferous trees should not overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them. does that mean the walkway in the south of the site is not working (I bubbled it in red)? If the walkaway need to go through (2) trees, lets say (1)D trees and (1) C trees here, the walkaway should not overlap with C tree but could overlap w/ D trees? Please review the tree diagrams as I suggested.
OK! Tree diagram is the one I always skipped... I will remind myself look at all parts of program!

1. Does it mean D tree does not function at blocking the wind at all? In another word, even if there are existing D trees, they are not able to block the wind, and I have to add C - trees and they are the ones that only count for wind blocking? It is very important to understand the difference between deciduous and coniferous....and that fact that they are asking for WINTER wind protection. So right! I missed it out!
2. Is above question applies to "casting shadow" as well? Meaning, only D trees can serve as shadow casters in spd setting? Why wouldn't coniferous trees cast shadows?

Thank you again! So many details I need to pick up! This is really helpful!!
penguinqueen

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN