site design #1 attempt - please review

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

site design #1 attempt - please review

Postby penguinqueen » Thu May 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I am taking SPD in 2 weeks, it's going to be my first spd test, and the last...I have recently passed CDS and PPP, and I am struggling with spd vignette, since it is much harder than the others and has so many variances!
I am posting my first attempt as attached, please please leave a comment if you can!

Also, I have some questions in regards of the programming:

1. what is building limit line? does it mean the outer line of building not the inward offset?
2. the program requires "the pedestrian plaza shall receive the noonday summer sun". does is mean that the whole plaza should have nothing to its south? (if that's the case, then I am wrong with my layout).

Thank you! I really appreciate it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
penguinqueen

Re: site design #1 attempt - please review

Postby Sparky83 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm

penguinqueen wrote:Hi everyone,

I am taking SPD in 2 weeks, it's going to be my first spd test, and the last...I have recently passed CDS and PPP, and I am struggling with spd vignette, since it is much harder than the others and has so many variances!
I am posting my first attempt as attached, please please leave a comment if you can!

1. what is building limit line? does it mean the outer line of building not the inward offset? You should already know that. It's self explanatory.
2. the program requires "the pedestrian plaza shall receive the noonday summer sun". does is mean that the whole plaza should have nothing to its south? (if that's the case, then I am wrong with my layout). Yes, very wrong. Why did you do that?

Inadequate building separation.
Why is there a dead-end drive heading toward Bentley?
Restaurant view of the pond partially blocked by new coniferous trees.
Why are there 2 walks to the public walk?
Too much of the PP is shaded by the OT.
Sparky83

Re: site design #1 attempt - please review

Postby penguinqueen » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 am

Thank you so much for pointing out Sparky83!
It seems to be a horrible solution...I am going to try to read /understand the program again and come up with better solution!

Sparky83 wrote:
penguinqueen wrote:Hi everyone,

1. what is building limit line? does it mean the outer line of building not the inward offset? You should already know that. It's self explanatory.
2. the program requires "the pedestrian plaza shall receive the noonday summer sun". does is mean that the whole plaza should have nothing to its south? (if that's the case, then I am wrong with my layout). Yes, very wrong. Why did you do that?

Inadequate building separation.
Why is there a dead-end drive heading toward Bentley?
Restaurant view of the pond partially blocked by new coniferous trees.
Why are there 2 walks to the public walk?
Too much of the PP is shaded by the OT.
penguinqueen

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN