Please oh please look at this site design vig UPDATE

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Please oh please look at this site design vig UPDATE

Postby jdunks » Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Think I got this but pleeeez tell me if you see something. Is the service drive connected the right way to the restaurant? And the walkways to the plaza? Conifers good for wind? And what is the 'noonday summer sun on the plaza' requirement? Am I ok for that? Finally, is it ok for the plaza to touch the office tower, since that's not overlapping?

Thanks!!! Thanks so much!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jdunks on Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdunks

Re: Please oh please look at this site design vignette

Postby Coach » Tue May 15, 2018 4:43 pm

No attachment.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Please oh please look at this site design vignette UPDAT

Postby jdunks » Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 am

Hmm, that's weird, I can see it on my screen. But I'll post it again. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jdunks

Re: Please oh please look at this site design vig UPDATE

Postby Sparky83 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 am

There is a gap in the winter wind protection for the PP....see the service drive.
New coniferous trees downwind of the restaurant serve no purpose....same for the new ones west of the main drive....they are not upwind of the PP.
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic.
Sparky83

Postby jdunks » Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have some questions - not being argumentative, I'm sure you're right, but I'm just trying to clarify my confusion.

New coniferous trees downwind of the restaurant serve no purpose....same for the new ones west of the main drive....they are not upwind of the PP. I see that the ones by the lake are not needed, but the others do seem like they're upwind of the PP to me - wouldn't I have another gap in wind protection without those? Or is the restaurant providing the wind break?
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic. So if the service road brings in dedicated paving of its own, that's preferable, even though there's additional paving? I though minimal paving would trump over the poor design factor.

Could you also help me understand the no shade on the PP rule? Am I ok as long as I don't put conifers to the south of the PP?

Again, thanks for your help.
jdunks

Postby Sparky83 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:11 am

jdunks wrote:Thanks so much for the feedback. I have some questions - not being argumentative, I'm sure you're right, but I'm just trying to clarify my confusion.

New coniferous trees downwind of the restaurant serve no purpose....same for the new ones west of the main drive....they are not upwind of the PP. I see that the ones by the lake are not needed, but the others do seem like they're upwind of the PP to me - wouldn't I have another gap in wind protection without those? Or is the restaurant providing the wind break? Buildings stop wind.
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic. So if the service road brings in dedicated paving of its own, that's preferable, even though there's additional paving? I though minimal paving would trump over the poor design factor. Reconfiguring could eliminate excess paving AND keep service vehicles out of the parking area.

Could you also help me understand the no shade on the PP rule? Am I ok as long as I don't put conifers to the south of the PP? Buildings and deciduous trees provide shade.
Keep shade on the PP to a minimum.

Again, thanks for your help.
Sparky83

Postby jdunks » Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Ok, thanks!
jdunks

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN