Alt 3

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Alt 3

Postby fare75 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Some of the things I am not happy about:
H/C not entirely within 100' radius circle from the Restaurant.
H/C walkway need to cross driveway...not safe.
Restaurant entrance not facing Academy St. directly but acceptable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fare75

Re: Alt 3

Postby awalton88 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Looks A LOT better than mine! but I think the driveway had to be from Academy (10. Provide only one curb cut along Academy Street, located no closer than 120 ft from the intersection of the centerlines of the two existing public streets.)
awalton88

Postby imiller » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:59 am

Hey Fare, just did this one so can give comments:

- you mentioned it, but i don't think it's acceptable that the building doesn't face academy if the entry is recessed (it really isn't visible from academy even if you project out the lines)

- street should come off of academy

- the plaza is unprotected (it looks like a lot is taken care of by the restaurant and existing trees so this is a small fix)

- the restaurant looks like it might be 5 ft from the drive aisle but the brief calls for 7 ft. maybe just check

- The path should not cross a road if it's meant to be continuous

- it looks like you've only killed 2 trees. it might be worth it to move the OT closer to bentley just to make sure you check of the requirement "place the office tower NEAR Bentley ave)

- HC parking isn't within the 100 ft requirement. I know you mentioned that but it seems like an easy fix to put the HC on the Restaurant side. Hmmm... not sure.... it's a touch one but would probably get resolved by reorienting the restaurant.

That's it! If you have a chance, if you could check mine, it would be hugely appreciated.
imiller

Postby fare75 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm

imiller wrote:Hey Fare, just did this one so can give comments:

- you mentioned it, but i don't think it's acceptable that the building doesn't face academy if the entry is recessed (it really isn't visible from academy even if you project out the lines)

- street should come off of academy

- the plaza is unprotected (it looks like a lot is taken care of by the restaurant and existing trees so this is a small fix)

- the restaurant looks like it might be 5 ft from the drive aisle but the brief calls for 7 ft. maybe just check

- The path should not cross a road if it's meant to be continuous

- it looks like you've only killed 2 trees. it might be worth it to move the OT closer to bentley just to make sure you check of the requirement "place the office tower NEAR Bentley ave)

- HC parking isn't within the 100 ft requirement. I know you mentioned that but it seems like an easy fix to put the HC on the Restaurant side. Hmmm... not sure.... it's a touch one but would probably get resolved by reorienting the restaurant.

That's it! If you have a chance, if you could check mine, it would be hugely appreciated.

What I consider "acceptable" are based on NCARB staff respond on Google+. I think PP has no requirement on wind protection. READ THE PROGRAM CAREFULLY.

I don't have the program with me andI forget all the program so I can't really help you on this one... :oops:
When I prepared SPD reatake didn't really spend too much time on alt...
Good luck
fare75

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN