Test tomorrow probably shoulda posted sooner

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Test tomorrow probably shoulda posted sooner

Postby ptalley1985 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey! This is my second attempt at SPD and final I suppose. Could someone take a look at my grading and design solutions. I had a momentary brain fart about setting the elevation but I think it satisfies the requirements. Let me know what you think! Now that I look at it, Im thinking the elevation should be 108'-6" since I placed my building somewhat centered on that contour? Let me know what you think! Ive also posted my design solution. I keep forgetting about the deciduous trees. Those need to be used to shade the plaza or most of it maybe? Test is tomorrow so this may not get seen. fingers crossed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ptalley1985

Re: Test tomorrow probably shoulda posted sooner

Postby fare75 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Site Design:

PP shall receive the noonday sun. New D-Trees at south of PP provide shade.
Too many C-Trees at north of PP. C-Trees work the best when they are in a row that is perpendicular to the wind direction.
Walkway crossing driving not recommend.
New D-Trees at west of Restaurant should not overlap building and driveway...be careful...
fare75

Postby cma52572 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:47 pm

"New D-Trees at west of Restaurant should not overlap building and driveway...be careful..."
dont you mean the C-trees?

So is that not ok if the trees hang a tiny bit like that over the street? Thats a good tip if so. I had not considered that.

I agree w/ the rest of the comments. Definitely too many C-trees for the wind. The C-trees dont need to be right on perimeter of PP just aligned to block the direction of wind flow.

and the walkway crossing the street from PP to Restaurant wont fly because it needs to be a continuous walkway. NCARBs sample solution is wrong.
cma52572

Postby fare75 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 am

cma52572 wrote:"New D-Trees at west of Restaurant should not overlap building and driveway...be careful..."
dont you mean the C-trees?

Yes I mean C-Trees... it's a typo :oops:

So is that not ok if the trees hang a tiny bit like that over the street? Thats a good tip if so. I had not considered that.
You can't walk or drive under C-Trees. C-Trees must not overlap anything...
fare75

Postby cma52572 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

yep I thought of that after I wrote it. Thanks for the heads up. That's something I was overlooking in mine.
cma52572

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN