SPD DESIGN VIG. - TESTING TOMORROW, PLEASE REVIEW

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD DESIGN VIG. - TESTING TOMORROW, PLEASE REVIEW

Postby RSK2016 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 am

Hello All,

Since the SPD design vignette solution has many errors, I was wondering if you guys can give me some feedback.

• The PP is 69 SF over so about 8069 instead of 8000 SF. But I could try to bring it down to 8000 SF
• I am not sure if the north side of PP should be lined with “C” trees or not, in that case the parking could slightly move North without affecting any trees.
• PP gets the noon day sun since it is 60 apart from the office building.
• I understand that the South walkway is a lot paving but this satisfies the condition of forming a continuous walkway system.
Thank you very much in advance.

SPD - VIG. 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RSK2016

Re: SPD DESIGN VIG. - TESTING TOMORROW, PLEASE REVIEW

Postby fare75 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:06 am

I am not sure if the north side of PP should be lined with “C” trees or not, in that case the parking could slightly move North without affecting any trees.
If you put C-Trees at north of PP, make sure they don't block Pond view from the restaurant

PP gets the noon day sun since it is 60 apart from the office building.
Horizontal distance from the building is irrelevant. The 45 degree sun angle is projected from the south. Existing D-Trees at south provide shade to PP. West of PP is not protected from wind.

I understand that the South walkway is a lot paving but this satisfies the condition of forming a continuous walkway system.
Only one connection to public walk needed to satisfy the program

Separation of parking and service traffic is recommend

C-Trees must not touch anything (driveway, walkway, buildings)…be careful when placing new trees. C-Trees at west of Restaurant block Pond view sightly.

Avoid any site improvement (trees) in the setback area since it’s not clear in the problem it’s OK or not.
fare75

Re: SPD DESIGN VIG. - TESTING TOMORROW, PLEASE REVIEW

Postby RSK2016 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Thank you for the response, I sincerely appreciate it!
RSK2016

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN