NCARB Vignette - Service entrance driveway

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB Vignette - Service entrance driveway

Postby shar.ak » Mon May 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi All,

I am not super happy with the driveway since the driver is forced through the parking to reach the service entrance but wanted to know if it is a workable solution.

Thank you!
A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shar.ak

Re: NCARB Vignette - Service entrance driveway

Postby Sparky83 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:24 pm

shar.ak wrote:Hi All,

I am not super happy with the driveway since the driver is forced through the parking to reach the service entrance but wanted to know if it is a workable solution. It's an error, but it's not the end of the world.

Thank you!
A

Restaurant has very little view of the pond. Mostly blocked by new coniferous trees.
New trees at the SW corner of the restaurant serve no purpose.
Severe over use of new trees.
Sparky83

Postby shar.ak » Wed May 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks Sparky! I was obviously not paying close attention.
Could you please review the following?

Thank you,
A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shar.ak

Postby Sparky83 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:18 am

First version:
The new tree at the NW corner of the restaurant serves no purpose. Same for the two south of the walk that leads to the restaurant if they are downwind of the restaurant.
HCP parking should be entirely within 100' of the OT entry.

Second version:
Restaurant view of the pond still limited by new coniferous trees. Still too many new trees.
Sparky83

Postby shar.ak » Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks Sparky!
Please see my comments below.

First version:
The new tree at the NW corner of the restaurant serves no purpose Agree. Same for the two south of the walk that leads to the restaurant if they are downwind of the restaurant. i understand what you are saying. The reason I added those two trees was considering that the restaurant is 20ft high and will not be fully be able to block winds. Also, the program says the height of the trees is 50ft and evergreens break wind for up to 5 x times height. What am I missing, or am I over complicating things? Also, even if I were to consider the restaurant blocks all wind, I guess the south part of PP will still not be shielded? Please see the following diagram with wind path

Also, do extra trees negatively impact the vignette score on the actual exam?

HCP parking should be entirely within 100' of the OT entry.Agree. Thank you.

Second version:
Restaurant view of the pond still limited by new coniferous trees.Please see the following with view lines. I am confused: Do ALL points of the west wall of the restaurant need to have SOME view of the pond OR does the ENTIRE pond need to be visible from ALL points on the west wall of the restaurant. The first case is satisfied per below attachment, not the second. Still too many new trees.You are right. I see it now..
shar.ak

Postby Sparky83 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 am

shar.ak wrote:Thanks Sparky!
Please see my comments below.

First version:
The new tree at the NW corner of the restaurant serves no purpose Agree. Same for the two south of the walk that leads to the restaurant if they are downwind of the restaurant. i understand what you are saying. The reason I added those two trees was considering that the restaurant is 20ft high and will not be fully be able to block winds. Also, the program says the height of the trees is 50ft and evergreens break wind for up to 5 x times height. What am I missing, or am I over complicating things? [color=#008000]YES!!!Also, even if I were to consider the restaurant blocks all wind, I guess the south part of PP will still not be shielded? Please see the following diagram with wind path

Also, do extra trees negatively impact the vignette score on the actual exam? [/color]NCARB won't tell us that. It sure doesn't help you.
HCP parking should be entirely within 100' of the OT entry.Agree. Thank you.

Second version:
Restaurant view of the pond still limited by new coniferous trees.Please see the following with view lines. I am confused: Do ALL points of the west wall of the restaurant need to have SOME view of the pond OR does the ENTIRE pond need to be visible from ALL points on the west wall of the restaurant. The first case is satisfied per below attachment, not the second. Still too many new trees.You are right. I see it now..

Does the program ask for a view of the pond or a partial view of the pond? ;)
Sparky83

Postby shar.ak » Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 am

Very helpful. Thank you Sparky!
shar.ak

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN