Vignette Alt#3 for review please!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Vignette Alt#3 for review please!

Postby renee2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello,
Am testing Monday and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? It is the Alt vignette #3-thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
renee2

Re: Vignette Alt#3 for review please!

Postby chrisgannon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Also testing soon so definitely not an expert, but here's my thoughts:

PP isn't fully shaded at noon, the D trees are only 50' tall w/ 50' shadow
Walkway along PP is redundant
Walkway to service drive isn't necessary
D trees don't block view - the service drive is visible from the NE corner of PP

Hope it helps, I'm about to post mine as well, would love to hear your thoughts!
chrisgannon

Postby renee2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Ugh I made so many little mistakes- totally agree the DD at the service drive should have been coniferous. Walkway continuing to service drive was an oversight. My next practice vignette (the NCARB one) I used the PP as part of the walkway to eliminate that redundancy.
I was wondering about the full shade; for safety's sake will make sure it is fully covered if the exam one calls for full shade (50' depth max. PP if trees are for shade!) Thanks so much for pointing those out- most of my mistakes have been note taking, so I'm going to make sure to write slowly, speak out loud (softly of course!)to make sure I don't miss anything tomorrow. Good luck on your exam as well!
renee2

Postby chrisgannon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 am

Good luck with the test!
chrisgannon

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN