NCARB 4.0 SD Again...

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB 4.0 SD Again...

Postby fare75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:41 am

Got SD Level 3 on my last SPD exam...

Here is my plan to tackle the SD vignette:
I will draw solutions that normally I wouldn't go with during my last practices, which very likely to produce more errors.
I will spot those errors and fix them, then I will post my solution here. (not timed)
If anyone spot more errors...those must be something I need to pay attention to!

Still I will keep everything clean, orthogonal and straight forward.

So here is a solution with a curb cut at Academy St.

NCARB4.0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fare75

Re: NCARB 4.0 SD Again...

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:59 am

fare75 wrote:Got SD Level 3 on my last SPD exam...

Here is my plan to tackle the SD vignette:
I will draw solutions that normally I wouldn't go with during my last practices, which very likely to produce more errors.
I will spot those errors and fix them, then I will post my solution here. (not timed)
If anyone spot more errors...those must be something I need to pay attention to!

Still I will keep everything clean, orthogonal and straight forward.

So here is a solution with a curb cut at Academy St.

Restaurant has almost no view of the pond.
Service drive length is excessive.
Sparky83

Postby fare75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:30 am

Sparky83 wrote:Restaurant has almost no view of the pond.

Yes all the C-trees block the view
How did I miss that :shock:

Service drive length is excessive.
Originally I drew the service driveway from the north carpark driveway, but it doesn't look like a good seperation to me so I moved it south.
I was thinking too much... :oops:

Thanks Sparky83 my "Dont's Check list" is growing!
fare75

Postby fare75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 am

Fix:
C-Trees perpendicular to the wind direction are much more effective in wind-blocking. I add C-Trees to work with existing C-Trees and free up view from the Restaurant.

Question: it's one C-Tree in my latest solution adequately block the service drive view from PP? Thanks.

NCARB_4.0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fare75

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am

fare75 wrote:Fix:
C-Trees perpendicular to the wind direction are much more effective in wind-blocking. I add C-Trees to work with existing C-Trees and free up view from the Restaurant.

Question: it's one C-Tree in my latest solution adequately block the service drive view from PP? Thanks.

The program doesn't ask you to block the view of the service drive. Just the service entry...which is on the south face of the restaurant.
Sparky83

Postby fare75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58 am

Sparky83 wrote:
fare75 wrote:Fix:

The program doesn't ask you to block the view of the service drive. Just the service entry...which is on the south face of the restaurant.

Right it's the entry needed to be blocked...sorry for the typo. :oops:
I guess 1 c-tree is enough in my solution. Adding one more trees at south won't hurt either.
Will come back again once I have another solution for this program
fare75

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN