SPD Vignettes for review

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD Vignettes for review

Postby Computer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:04 pm

Hey team, can you review the following SPD Vignettes please.

SPD Site Grading
1. Can we put the 1st selected contour tight around the building's perimeter or are we required to have a min offset distance from the building?

SPD Site Design
1. Please ignore the 210' required tower and office building separation I adhered to the general conditions of separating the buildings by a min of 20' after I noticed that requirement but am using this as a practice run.
2. In my next attempt I will put in the building separation of at least 210' but does this mean the full building needs to within this parameter or at least any wall can be within the requirement? I am not sure how they are measuring adjacency.
3. Are parking buffers required and if so is their an easy way to draw them or we have to play around with the "create driveway tool" and use 5' buffers?
Where should we place buffers in the parking lot -- only at the ends of the center isles?
4. Does the building canopy also need to be included within the 5'-0" offset requirement?
5. Since the plaza can act as a walkway can you verify if there are adquate walkways in this attempt, there is a 5' walkway located behind the HC Spaces.
6. I also added an extra 3 parking spaces in this design for practice, (total 36 spaces)

Thank You
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Computer

Re: SPD Vignettes for review

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:09 am

Computer wrote:Hey team, can you review the following SPD Vignettes please.

SPD Site Grading
1. Can we put the 1st selected contour tight around the building's perimeter or are we required to have a min offset distance from the building? It should trace the edge of the display and not be offset at all.

SPD Site Design
1. Please ignore the 210' required tower and office building separation I adhered to the general conditions of separating the buildings by a min of 20' after I noticed that requirement but am using this as a practice run.
2. In my next attempt I will put in the building separation of at least 210' but does this mean the full building needs to within this parameter or at least any wall can be within the requirement? I am not sure how they are measuring adjacency. It means exactly what it says... 210' between the buildings.
3. Are parking buffers required No.and if so is their an easy way to draw them or we have to play around with the "create driveway tool" and use 5' buffers? You cannot draw parking "buffers". Islands are just whatever is left over after drawing parking and drives.
Where should we place buffers in the parking lot -- only at the ends of the center isles? Not required, does not matter.
4. Does the building canopy also need to be included within the 5'-0" offset requirement? There is no canopy.
5. Since the plaza can act as a walkway can you verify if there are adquate walkways in this attempt, there is a 5' walkway located behind the HC Spaces. Walks are 6' wide.
Pedestrian circulation is fine.

6. I also added an extra 3 parking spaces in this design for practice, (total 36 spaces) Why?

Thank You

New coniferous trees upwind of the restaurant serve no purpose.
Building separation is a major error.

SG-
How did you verify the minimum slope?
Display is not 6" above the surrounding grade.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN