SPD-Grading VIG Attempt 1(NCARB)_Feedback Appreciated

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD-Grading VIG Attempt 1(NCARB)_Feedback Appreciated

Postby Ashenrider » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:51 am

This is my first attempt on the site grading, any feedback is appreciated. My first impression is a lot of contours have been manipulated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ashenrider

Re: SPD-Grading VIG Attempt 1(NCARB)_Feedback Appreciated

Postby chrisgannon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Question: in one of the video I watch they recommended positioning the building perpendicular to the contours (i.e., with the slope) of the site to allow for ease of drainage... it seems like a lot of the solutions that are posted here do the opposite and run parallel to the contours. Anyone have any insight on this?
chrisgannon

Postby Ashenrider » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:13 pm

chrisgannon wrote:Question: in one of the video I watch they recommended positioning the building perpendicular to the contours (i.e., with the slope) of the site to allow for ease of drainage... it seems like a lot of the solutions that are posted here do the opposite and run parallel to the contours. Anyone have any insight on this?

98% of the examples I have seen as well as NCARB's passing example indicated parallel to the slope. Which is in line with all the study information for the MC as most efficient and sustainable approach to site grading. Is this right? Best guess! I am only going with the grain, not against it.
Ashenrider

Postby Coach » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Ashenrider wrote:98% of the examples I have seen as well as NCARB's passing example indicated parallel to the slope.

Uh, no. Parallel to contours, perpendicular to slope.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Ashenrider » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Coach wrote:
Ashenrider wrote:98% of the examples I have seen as well as NCARB's passing example indicated parallel to the slope.

Uh, no. Parallel to contours, perpendicular to slope.

Agree, sorry.
Ashenrider

Postby AMIAIAYET » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Only manipulate the contours that you need to preserve the min. and max. slope %s.
AMIAIAYET

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN