Site Design Alt 1 - please review!!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design Alt 1 - please review!!

Postby changes627 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Hello all!
my attempt at Alt 1 of Site Design -- I have a few questions right off the bat!

1) Did I allow for enough space for the service drive? (if not, I can move the Restaurant north & kill a tree... but i got some trees to spare, hah...) Just wondering... incase during the exam I am tight on space... I wanted to know if there is a "min length" to a service drive.
2) This parking layout is wacky... but is it passable?
3) Program states "restaurant needs views to the stage" -- does my orientation satisfy this program requirement?
4) Program states "PP needs to be shaded at noon" -- was I suppose to plant trees ON the plaza??
5) Program states "OT entry needs to be visible from Bentley ave" -- ... my entry is kinda buried in a forest... is this okay?
6) General question: Does the PP ned to touch the Restaurant & OT if we are using that as our part of our walkway system?

thank you all for your time! I hope my solution, questions and errors help you guys :]

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
changes627

Re: Site Design Alt 1 - please review!!

Postby Tesser2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:52 pm

I don't have answers to all of your question but maybe sparky or coach will weigh in on them.

1) Did I allow for enough space for the service drive? NO, I think you need at least 20 FT.
2) This parking layout is wacky... but is it passable? Parking works, except for the service drive, the guides suggest 5ft gaps at the end of the parking, think "landscape medians" .. not sure if it is fatal.
3) Program states "restaurant needs views to the stage" -- does my orientation satisfy this program requirement? Yes
4) Program states "PP needs to be shaded at noon" -- was I suppose to plant trees ON the plaza?? Hmm Not sure, I think only deciduous trees are okay on a plaza.
5) Program states "OT entry needs to be visible from Bentley ave" -- ... my entry is kinda buried in a forest... is this okay? I Don't think so.
6) General question: Does the PP ned to touch the Restaurant & OT if we are using that as our part of our walkway system? No Sure.

If you have found answers to these questions please let me know, you have the same questions i have.
Tesser2

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN