I failed SPD two times and one more chance left.Please help!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

I failed SPD two times and one more chance left.Please help!

Postby erin5 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:27 am

I passed CDS, PPP, but I am so frustrated that I failed SPD two times..! and left only one more chance for SPD in ARE 4.0…

Content areas that I failed are 1 principles (level3) and 2 environmental issues (level2).
The problem is that I have no idea how to prepare the last SPD exam, since I thought I have read enough materials for SPD and have been well-prepared as far as I know…
I read Ballast, Kaplan, ARE mock exam by Gang Chen, Jenifer’s note, PMD-SPD note, absoluteco.com note, fundamentals of building construction: materials and method (only chapter 2: foundations and site work), developing your storm water pollution prevention plan (a guide for construction sites) by EPA, practice tests (NCARB, Ballast, Kaplan)

Would you recommend any other materials that would be helpful to prepare to take SPD division?
Any comment and advice would be welcome...Thank you!

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by erin5 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
erin5

Re: I failed SPD two times and one more chance left.Please h

Postby Coach » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Good news is that you can transition without SPD and still only need 5 tests total.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby paulb77 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:11 am

Hey I’m in the same boat, have you re-scheduled for the third attempt yet? I just found out I failed, second time, last eeekk. Had improvements from first time but it was still very depressing to get another Fail when honestly I was expecting a pass. Have u found anything new to study for the question portion?
paulb77

Postby GEA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm also in the same boat and it's so refreshing to know other people are too! I just missed both Materials & Technology and the Site Design Vignette on my most recent attempt. I also felt like I didn't have any more materials to study from so this time I'm just trying to focus on really drilling everything down to memory (flashcards flashcards flashcards!!) and re-visiting concepts that I'm not 100% comfortable with.

I did find some alternate backgrounds for the site design vignette which is super helpful! Haven't tried them yet - just found the link
http://arehelp.webs.com/spd

I unfortunately haven't found any additional reading materials either, but there are the Black Spectacles lecture videos for purchase for a monthly price if you're willing to pay.

I'm re-scheduled for April 28 right now on my final attempt but I'm thinking about pushing it back! We'll see..
GEA

Postby Autski » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:07 am

GEA, it's as if you are me writing from another account!! I also have PPP and CDS under my belt and I just found out I failed SPD. I also just missed the Materials & Technology and Site Design Vignette as my only reasons for failing... I really am itching to transition to 5.0 and blitz the last three exams (I hate that I can't jump back and forth between 4.0 and 5.0 because I can't schedule more frequently than 60 days). I hear the new test system is so much more intuitive and relevant to today. Plus, it has been out for a while, so there is a lot more material (Black Spectacles, ARE Prep, Ballast, Kaplin, Etc.); it's a lot less daunting than it was when it first came out.
Autski

Postby Rico » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:29 am

same boat here. I don't think there is enough specific content to study for this one so I guess my next strategy is to even read the bible as well to catch as much information as possible. I will schedule it for sure as soon as I can, before the 4.0 retires
Rico

Postby GEA » Mon May 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi all,

Re-took SPD last Saturday and passed! I guess it took 3 tries to really understand it :roll:

Hope you all have had similar results!

Best of luck
GEA

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN