Site Design- Final Attempt before exam tomorrow afternoon

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design- Final Attempt before exam tomorrow afternoon

Postby gflynt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:16 am

In that my last two attempts were full of fatal errors, I decided to give this another go before my exam tomorrow afternoon. The feedback has been very helpful thus far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gflynt

Re: Site Design- Final Attempt before exam tomorrow afternoo

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:07 am

"minimize paving" is a program requirement. Running a walk along the edge of the PP is redundant.
Why did you add deciduous trees?
Why do you have coniferous trees upwind of the restaurant?
Inadequate building separation.
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic.
New tree at the NW corner of the restaurant is partially blocking the view of the pond from the restaurant.
Sparky83

Postby gflynt » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:59 am

As always, Thank you for the feedback. Per the, trees at the south end of PP- I placed them there to shade summer sun and and allow winter sun. As for building separation; I understood the distance to be a minimum of 20ft. I assumed 60 ft apart to get the restaurant out of the OT shadow. What is the range? Didn’t see this in the program requirements. Thanks again.
gflynt

Postby Coach » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:20 am

gflynt wrote:Per the, trees at the south end of PP- I placed them there to shade summer sun

Not in the program.

Didn’t see this in the program requirements.

It's there.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Sparky83 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 am

gflynt wrote:As always, Thank you for the feedback. Per the, trees at the south end of PP- I placed them there to shade summer sun and and allow winter sun. Why did you do that? As for building separation; I understood the distance to be a minimum of 20ft. Please read the program again. I assumed 60 ft apart to get the restaurant out of the OT shadow. What? What is the range? Didn’t see this in the program requirements. Thanks again.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN