site design and grading review, please!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

site design and grading review, please!

Postby Babyranie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:15 pm

i'm testing next week, any comments would be appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Babyranie

Re: site design and grading review, please!

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 am

SD -
Looks like it works.

SG -
How did you verify the minimum slope?
Sparky83

Postby Babyranie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 pm

thanks, Sparky83, i noticed that i missed to check the distances between the pointy swales. so i redid one, this time i verified the minimum slopes by drawing lines between the points. do you have any comments?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Babyranie

Postby Babyranie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 pm

thanks, Sparky83, i noticed that i missed to check the distances between the pointy swales. so i redid one, this time i verified the minimum slopes by drawing lines between the points. do you have any comments?
Babyranie

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm

The berm on 110 is a waste of time and $$$.
Sparky83

Postby Babyranie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 pm

I see. Thanks!
Babyranie

Postby Billygoatte02 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm coming in here a little late, but the berm isn't an issue of being extra. It's problem is it alters the contour line at the tree's drip edge. This would theoretically kill the tree and potentially fail you. Watch out for the extra movement of contours, because you may in inadvertently alter portions that will break some of the rules of the problem.

Back to Sparky83's comment. I think you should have one or two contours altered to create a berm up hill from the display in order to preemptively redirect surface run-off into the the new swales.
Billygoatte02

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 am

Billygoatte02 wrote:I'm coming in here a little late, but the berm isn't an issue of being extra. It's problem is it alters the contour line at the tree's drip edge. This would theoretically kill the tree and potentially fail you. NO, not at all. Grading is allowed up TO the drip line...just not within it. As shown is perfectly acceptable.Watch out for the extra movement of contours, because you may in inadvertently alter portions that will break some of the rules of the problem.

Back to Sparky83's comment. I think you should have one or two contours altered to create a berm up hill from the display in order to preemptively redirect surface run-off into the the new swales. That would be excessive. Gravity does not need any help.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN