Questions about vignette language

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Questions about vignette language

Postby Dvorak » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:51 am

Hi, I have a few questions about the language in the vignette. When is says:
-Building must be within X distance of object: from where is the distance measured? From the edge of the object? The building must be entirely inside this distance?
-building A and B must not be X distance of each other: what does this mean? From where is it measured.
-What happens when the site is not big enough to comply with all distance requirements. For example a bldg must be x distance from an object and another line requires Y distance between both bldgs, but complying with the Y distance would place the other bldg outside of the site no matter which direction (it happened to me on the test. I put it as far away as i could within bldg lines, but still failed the vignette)
Thank you!
Dvorak

Re: Questions about vignette language

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 am

Dvorak wrote:Hi, I have a few questions about the language in the vignette. When is says:
-Building must be within X distance of object: from where is the distance measured? From the edge of the object? NCARB is sloppy. They did not specify, so some part of the building must be within that distance.The building must be entirely inside this distance? That would be impossible in the NCARB example.
-building A and B must not be X distance of each other: what does this mean? From where is it measured. It means exactly what it says. That must be the minimum distance between the buildings.
-What happens when the site is not big enough to comply with all distance requirements. For example a bldg must be x distance from an object and another line requires Y distance between both bldgs, but complying with the Y distance would place the other bldg outside of the site no matter which direction (it happened to me on the test. I put it as far away as i could within bldg lines, but still failed the vignette) That means you most likely misunderstood the program. They will not give program requirement that are impossible to meet.
Thank you!
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN