spd pass.

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

spd pass.

Postby leslusis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 am

This morning I found I passed spd which i thought I failed.

Some tips.
I read the general stuff. Ballast and kaplan, Their questions Q&A, j notes, etc
a little bit of russ' site planing and design handbook, I don't have time to read all of them, I don't think I met anything related.

swppp, don't have questions related. but still recommend to read
lighting stuff. pay attention on the advantages and disadvantages of different lights, like metal halide, high pressure sodium etc.
read about "environmental assessment phase"
Ada stuffs are always happening, and usually related to some calculation. pay attention.

I only have 2 years of working experience. And these questions apparently have a lot to do with real on site experience. so I met a lot of wtf questions, I will say don't be panic, and use logic. and read as much material as you can find.

Vignette is quite important, it is a little bit more complex than the sample.
2 tips.
1st.generally the main building's entrance needs face/not face one of the road. And you will be asked to place 3 handicap parking near 100 feet of this building. I will say the 3 parking have to be on the left/right side of the building, which means your major circulation would be on the "side" of the building. Plan your road in advance to meet the 100 feet requirement.

2nd. pay attention on the shading requirements, general 45 degree, covering the same length of your tree heights.

Thanks for information from the coach. it helps a lot.
leslusis

Re: spd pass.

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:41 am

Exam vignettes vary, and revealing exam content is not a good idea.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN