SPD -1st attempts at vignettes, kindly review

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD -1st attempts at vignettes, kindly review

Postby jbellettiere » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Hello Coach,
I'm testing this week, any comments on my first attempts would be greatly appreciated!
JB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbellettiere

Re: SPD -1st attempts at vignettes, kindly review

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:50 am

SD -
This is not landscape planting design.
Coniferous trees should never overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them.
Why is there a walk to the service entry of the restaurant?
Missing a walk to the public walk.
Why is there a drive extending past the HCP parking? "minimize paving" is a program requirement.
Winter wind protection for the PP is incomplete.
New coniferous trees block the view of the pond from the restaurant.

SG-
107 should trace the edge of the display.
Leave sketch elements on when posting so we can see how you solved it.
Sparky83

Postby jbellettiere » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you so much for your very helpful input, much appreciated:
SD-
I understood all except: "Missing a walk to the public walk." - if by the public walk you mean the plaza, I understand the plaza to be equivalent to a walk but still I'm not sure exactly which location you are referring to - it's an interesting comment.

SG-
By "trace the edge of the display", I assume you mean be drawn closer to... My 107 contour line is 2.5' away from the edge of the display - which is one half the minimum allowable distance (5 feet) between the 1 foot intervals (to achieve the max. allowable 20% slope given in the program, since the edge of the platform is only 6 inches away from 106 and not 12). Any closer would create a steeper, non compliant slope - am I mistaken?

Thank you again for your diligent assistance!
JB
jbellettiere

Postby jbellettiere » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Ps. does anybody know where I can load the alternate practice vignettes?
Best,
JB
jbellettiere

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:14 pm

jbellettiere wrote:Thank you so much for your very helpful input, much appreciated:
SD-
I understood all except: "Missing a walk to the public walk." - if by the public walk you mean the plaza, I understand the plaza to be equivalent to a walk but still I'm not sure exactly which location you are referring to - it's an interesting comment. I meant exactly what I said. Please read the program again. You are missing a required walk.

SG-
By "trace the edge of the display", I assume you mean be drawn closer to... My 107 contour line is 2.5' away from the edge of the display - which is one half the minimum allowable distance (5 feet) between the 1 foot intervals (to achieve the max. allowable 20% slope given in the program, since the edge of the platform is only 6 inches away from 106 and not 12). Any closer would create a steeper, non compliant slope - am I mistaken? VERY much so. Try drawing it in section.

Thank you again for your diligent assistance!
JB
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN