SPD - Vignette first attempt

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD - Vignette first attempt

Postby jleewhise » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my most recent attempt at the SPD vignettes. How do they look? My first attempt at site design had the PP on the east side of the OT but then I moved it to the west side thinking the building could help block wind and I could move the trees around and maybe help with the restaurant's view of the pond. Does that work?

Thanks for your feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jleewhise

Re: SPD - Vignette first attempt

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:45 am

SG-
How did you verify the minimum slope?

SD1-
Restaurant has no view of the pond.
Coniferous trees should never overlap buildings or paving. See the tree diagrams.
Why are there 2 coniferous trees at the NW corner of the restaurant?

SD2-
Same problems as #1.
Sparky83

Re: SPD - Vignette first attempt

Postby jleewhise » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Thank you for taking a look at this @Sparky83! See below for my comments/questions. I appreciate your help.

Sparky83 wrote:SG-
How did you verify the minimum slope?

I added the sum of the distances between the points of the swales. (distance A + distance B < 50')

SD1-
Restaurant has no view of the pond. I realized this after I uploaded my screenshots.

Next time, I'll locate them above the parking so they don't block views. Thanks for catching that.

Coniferous trees should never overlap buildings or paving. See the tree diagrams.

I didn't realize we had to clear 100% of the tree outline. I've read that deciduous trees can be placed on top of the public plaza though, is that correct?

Why are there 2 coniferous trees at the NW corner of the restaurant?

To block the view from the public plaza but maybe they aren't necessary since the plaza is south of the service entrance?

SD2-
Same problems as #1.
jleewhise

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN